Appraisals: Giving & Receiving Feedback
This one-day programme is designed for supervisors, managers and team leaders who seek to increase their skills and confidence in giving and receiving feedback.
Conveying and receiving constructive feedback in a manner which avoids the situation becoming embarrassing or escalating into difficulties is not an easy task. It is hardly surprising that most people prefer to ignore or avoid the situation altogether rather than risk making matters worse.
The skills covered in this programme are also appropriate to any well-designed appraisal or performance management process and, if required, an existing appraisal or performance-management system can be incorporated into the workshop to tailor it to the client organisation.
Key Topics include:
- Preparing for feedback - clarifying what you want to achieve and setting the scene.
- Dealing with cynicism - anticipating reactions which may occur as a result of negative past experiences.
- Building rapport and creating the right climate to give and receive feedback through understanding yourself and others.
- Conveying your message clearly.
- Words that make a difference - those that can hinder and those that help communication.
- Reasons for a poor response and how to retrieve the situation
- Giving full attention, listening and questioning
This programme is tailored to meet the delegatesí specific needs. It is run in- house or at a venue of the clientís choosing. One-to-one coaching can be provided as well as group sessions for up to eight delegates. The programme is practical and based on realistic methods learned and practised during a twenty year career in HR, Training and Development.
Fees on request.
For an exploratory conversation over the phone or at your premises, please contact Janet Henson-Webb on +44 (0)1638 741342 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org