Interview & Selection Techniques Workshop
As an HR specialist with twenty years’ experience of recruitment and selection, my workshops are designed to help you realise the following outcomes.
- Extend the range and depth of your questioning
- Improve the quantity and quality of information gleaned at interview
- Control difficult interviews
- Convey a professional image of yourself and your organisation by understanding the recruitment process and by knowing how to conduct a well-structured interview
- Analyse the information gained at interview in order to make a well-informed decision.
The course is very practical and the use of video recording and playback equipment is highly recommended for recording and reviewing the interview practice which forms part of the programme.
Key Topics include:
- Job and Person Profiling and its importance in sifting CVs and selecting candidates for interview and for offer
- Interpreting CVs and sifting them against the job and person requirements
- Questioning, Listening and Observation Techniques
- Knowing Yourself - being aware of your own perceptions and how to ensure they do not adversely affect your decision-making
- Essential Employment Law with regard to Recruitment and Selection
- The Decision-Making Process following completion of the interviews.
This programme is tailored to meet the delegates’ specific needs. It is run in- house or at a venue of the client’s choosing. One-to-one coaching can be provided as well as group sessions for up to six delegates. The programme is practical and based on realistic methods learned and practised during a twenty year career in HR, Training and Development.
Fees on request.
For an exploratory conversation over the phone or at your premises, please contact Janet Henson-Webb on +44 (0)1638 741342 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org