Focused & Productive Meetings
Anyone who regularly chairs or attends meetings will know that it isn’t always easy to obtain full participation, high levels of commitment and reduced meeting lengths. However, if used effectively, a meeting can be a valuable tool for achieving team, departmental or organisational objectives.
This one-day programme is designed to help delegates develop skills and techniques to make the meetings they attend more effective. It will take them through the preparation, planning, structure and management of an effective meeting, including learning how to manage difficult people and situations.
Key Topics include:
- Calling a meeting - Is it necessary? What is its purpose? Who should be involved?
- Essential preparation - establishing and communicating the required outcomes, pre-meeting information, setting the agenda, scheduling the time.
- Structuring and managing the meeting, ensuring time is allocated to topics according to their importance, urgency and complexity.
- Handling conflict and “difficult” people.
- Maintaining a balance - ensuring useful information and contributions which help decision-making are encouraged from all participants.
- Gaining commitment to decisions and proposed action and bringing discussions to a conclusion.
- Recording and communicating decisions and actions.
This programme is tailored to meet the delegates’ specific needs. It is run in- house or at a venue of the client’s choosing. One-to-one coaching can be provided as well as group sessions for up to eight delegates. The programme is practical and based on realistic methods learned and practised during a twenty year career in HR, Training and Development.
Fees on request.
For an exploratory conversation over the phone or at your premises, please contact Janet Henson-Webb on +44 (0)1638 741342 or via email: email@example.com